Free Inquiry: The Art of Questioning

Free Inquiry: The Art of Questioning

I am interested in learning about what is going on behind my screen. Coding is used to program the websites, apps, and other technologies we connect with daily. I know what coding is used for, but how does it work?

• How does coding create websites and apps?
  • What is going on behind the scenes in my phone or computer?
  • Do I have to be good at math to code?
  • Where do you even begin when learning to write code?
  • Why learn to code a site from scratch instead of using a template?

Now, despite the header photo of this blog post, I cannot code.

These are my questions… and they are questions that I will *hopefully* know the answer to by December.

To start, I simply googled “what is coding?” My answer was simple, and yet complicated (that makes sense, right?)

The first website that came up was “Learn to Code in 30 Days” Sounds legit…. I’ll bookmark it and save it for later. But before I do… he actually has some very interesting insight.

“If you’re planning on learning to code, it’s worth thinking through the mechanics of coding. Knowing what exactly is happening when you code, what it means when we say someone is coding, what the difference is between coding and programming, what languages you may end up coding in, and how to get started coding, will help you be a better coder” – Chris Castiglione

Well, I guess I’m starting in the right spot!

Coding: coding or programming is the process of creating instructions for computers using programming languages. Coding is used to program the websites, apps, and other technologies we interact with every day

Honestly, I’m realizing just how easy it is to teach yourself code – there are SO many different free (or cheap) online courses to take. I’m sticking with the free ones. Within 2 minutes of deciding that learning to code was my inquiry topic, I found a handful of helpful websites that provided me with the first steps.