Simple Guidance for You in Coding

Simple Guidance for You in Coding

Hi folks, my second inquiry post is a little delayed… it’s been a hectic week to say the least.

My journey to mastering the art of coding has officially begun. I’m using the website Codeacademy right now that I found on google to begin my quest… so far so good. The good thing about Codeacademy is that is basically starts right at the get-go of coding, assuming (correctly) that I don’t know anything on the topic. I have completed the first two lessons which have covered the basics. The website itself is very interactive, so far it has been very hands-on and has engaging activities to supplement my learning. It has walked me through some basic lessons, such as what variables and data types are. The layout of the website is uncluttered and professional. Each overall lesson is split into multiple different pages, or mini lessons, for me to navigate through, then the lesson finishes with a little quiz to reflect on what you have just learned. Not to brag, but I got 100% on my first two tests.

This was a pretty simple activity demonstrating how variables are used in programming. It was a simple, yet effective, activity. Not complicated but got its point across just fine.

The actual coding itself has been pretty straightforward, given that I have only covered the basics. The lessons gave the opportunity to give coding a try, and it was very fun to see the different things happen.

I’m enjoying the aspect of blogging to document my step-by-step progress. Codeacademy is doing a great job of guiding me through my learning.