Edcamp – Online

Edcamp – Online

Our edcamp was an informal session held by our professors for us – future teachers. Anyone could present or collaborate, but the focus was on teamwork and connection between our group. I was mainly in the section focused on Google Classroom.

The question was: “is Google Classroom a viable platform for secondary and post-secondary education? In my experience it does well in collaboration?”

Photo by Paweł Czerwiński on Unsplash

I am actually quite enjoying using Google Classroom – it is easy to use for teachers and students. I think it is a great tool in today’s changing world… it is efficient, free, and did I mention EASY? Google classroom is one of the simplest ways to take online learning for both in-class and remote study. Even my time at Claremont Secondary during my Wednesday observations has shown me how well it can be implemented into the classroom. Google Classroom is free, and it pulls genuinely useful tools that can be used on any device, whether it is a phone, tablet, or laptop. We are no longer in lockdown, but classes are limited in schools at the moment, which means a lot of learning is done from the comfort of our homes. Many people are already familiar with Google and how it works, so that’s another reason why this is just so easy to use.

Check out the virtual classroom I made!